Thursday, August 23, 2012

Revelation 5


I knew they were not what I was led to believe. Keeping their prospective workers imprisoned in their own quarters, swearing an oath in a cult-like ceremony, the marble woman being there despite Jack’s promises. Not to mention that corrupt drawing from a children’s book and that messed up place we went through to get here.

I decided to stay, though, even so. For one thing, I had no way to contact anyone, no way out (not that they’d let me go), and if I left I might be attacked again by the marble woman. That is, if I wasn’t attacked anyway. 

Besides, if I stayed maybe I could stop whatever they were doing (it couldn’t be good).

An hour or two after the induction, I was taken to a meeting where I’d learn more about the organization and what my role in it would be. On the way, though, I saw a phone on the wall and asked if I could make a call real quick. Even though Omar wasn’t the greatest guy, I knew he’d be worried about me. So I told him I was alright and not to worry. I didn’t tell him anything about what was going on here, though. Since this is a secretive organization, I doubt they would allow that.

I was seated at a long table, with others who’d been inducted with me on either side. An important (or self-important) looking man sat at the head.

We were told that we were working for the Panopticon, the main branch of the Illuminati, overseeing all the others, like the Hushed Monks and the Archive, whatever those were. And we were all under the supervision of "L.G."

Then the man talked to each of us one by one, going down the line, telling us what our jobs would be.
When he came to me, he said, “You, Franklin Adams, will be joining our Threat Eliminative Division. You will be tasked with getting rid of our enemies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment