Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Revelation 2


I eventually moved to LA and got a job as a garbage man. It was stinky and no one envied me, but it had to be done. Someone had to step up and do it.

Because of that weird experience, I was always on edge. Sometimes I was sure I saw her again, the lady with the umbrella. Even when it wasn’t raining. But I couldn’t be sure if my mind wasn’t playing tricks on me cause of the trauma.

Over time, though, things started happening. They seemed like accidents at first, like my OD. But as time went on, things like that started happening more and more (once I was nearly crushed in the back of the truck) and they were more improbable and more dangerous.

I started to get really scared.

I started looking into ghosts and apparitions and stuff, cause I didn’t know what was going on with that woman.

Then one day, I saw her up close.

Something on the truck broke, causing the dumpster to fall to the ground, scaring a stray cat. The cat climbed up a telephone pole, getting to the top cause it was slightly leaned over, got fried, and the carcass fell into the middle of traffic. Some cars narrowly avoided hitting each other, but others collided, smashing into each other.

Glass flew through the air and cut my face, just under my eye. Grabbing my face in my hands, I ended up turning around, where I saw the woman standing only a few yards away. She looked like marble, even the umbrella, which was connected to her hand so that you couldn’t tell where one ended and the other began.

And she had no face.

I blinked and she was gone.

I was scared shitless.

The next day I saw a flyer asking people to join some silly group investigating paranormal stuff. I hoped to get some answers (no such luck), and it turned out they let me come to their unbelievably nice apartment whenever I wanted to.

It was always neat and tidy--no risk of accidents anymore.

These people, a guy named Omar and his sister and a couple others, turned out to be looking into strange stuff that didn’t have to do with my problem. I didn’t tell them about it cause I was embarrassed about why I was over there all the time. Not sure they’d believe it—they might think it’s just coincidence, you know?

I didn’t know what was going on, they never made clear what I was supposed to be doing, they never made me feel like part of the group. Then that Omar guy kicked me out!

He said I never did anything.

No. Shit!  1. No instructions, 2. Wasn’t there long enough to do much anyway!

After I was out, my problems escalated again. I couldn’t sleep--anything could happen at any time. I tried to go back, I tried to explain, but he wouldn’t listen. Full of himself, no good piece of shit! Just cause he was rich…

Soon enough, though, he was begging me to come back. His sister was kidnapped by some thugs and he wanted me to help. I guess he didn’t have very many friends. No idea what they got themselves into there. But I try to be a nice guy, so I agreed to help. She was never rude to me, at least.

After traipsing all over the place, getting nowhere, I saw her again in a picture in some art gallery with some kind of disturbing paintings. Then we went to some abandoned building that I guess had fire damage. There was a smoky smell in the air.

On our way out, I lost my balance and fell through a wall (not the most sturdy; no wonder everyone left it) and a board with a sharp, rusty nail came toward me, nearly tore my face off. Ended up getting my leg when I tried to get out of the way.

The jerks left me alone while they went outside to discuss what to do. With the nail still in my leg. Uh, hello! Call an ambulance! For GOD’S SAKE!!!
Out of the shadows stepped a strange man. He seemed fairly average, except he was wearing a deep red glove on one hand (but his other was bare) and when I looked into his eyes, there was something there. Not sure what. He unsettled me, this eccentric man.

No comments:

Post a Comment