Saturday, August 25, 2012

Revelation 12


After another period of rest, like that I mentioned before, wherein I took a nap and watched TV (and of course, wrote on here), there was that fateful knock at the door.

The next target.

I was handed the papers.

It was Omar. Omar Friedman and a couple of others, but Omar was the important one.

I know Omar’s a shithead, but he did let me stay at his place to escape the stress of the marble woman, and when he (wrongly) assumed I was on drugs again, at least he showed an ounce of empathy and wanted to help me.

And in any case, he’s still a human being. The only two times I’ve killed someone, it was mostly an accident.

“I know these guys,” I said.

“What difference does that make? A job’s a job. You gotta do it.”

“No, I can’t. Forget it.”

“You’ll be reprimanded!” he warned.

“I don’t fuckin’ care! I’m not doing it!”
The handler left without another word.

No comments:

Post a Comment