Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Revelation 23


A warden wearing a hooded robe silently guided me down a hallway and she indicated a door with the number 11 on it. I found myself inside a stomach.

Acid and half-digested food were flying everywhere. Then I saw another door. After doing my best to stay balanced in all the gunk around me (my feet getting caught a time or two), I reached it.

I couldn’t open it at first; my hands were too slippery to turn the knob. Finally I forced my way through.

I was in a small room, pure white on all walls, floor, and ceiling.

I felt like I was desecrating some pristine place.

There, in the center of the room, stood a young girl. Her dress was almost a purer white than the room itself.

I could tell I disgusted her, but she tried to be kind anyway. She smiled friendlily.

Breathing for a moment, I thought of what to say.

“What do you consider most pure?”

She opened her mouth to answer, but her eyes went wide and she began to wretch.

Squeezing my eyes tightly, I listened for her vomiting to stop.

An eternity later, I cracked open my eyes. The room was, surprisingly, still clean and white, but she was gone.

In her place were a handful of pills.

I’d read the file, I knew what these did. They caused someone to wink out of existence. I didn’t like using something like this against another human being, especially in the form of drugs.

But I couldn’t help myself. The whispers had compelled me.
But knowing what I have to do, I feel nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment