Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Revelation 4


At our destination (which is a huge place; if I ever tried to explore it all, I’d probably get lost), wherever it is, I was taken to the infirmary.  But instead of a doctor coming in and stitching up the wound or anything (the handprint was fading away), this creepy dude in a long black cloak (so black it hurt my eyes) and a weird bird mask, came in. The beak looked like it could slice through flesh like butter. No idea why in the hell he would wear something that freaky. Figured it must be some symbolic nonsense or something.

I had a really unsettling feeling about this guy. Just thinking about him makes me shiver.

He placed his hands on my leg and I could feel skin and muscle and nerves moving back into their proper places. The pain vanished and there wasn’t even a scar!

Jack said I could rest for the remaining hours of that day, and showed me to a suite that I could live in while working for this organization, the “Illumined.” At one point I tried to leave and explore a little, but I found the door locked and there was no phone. Fortunately I had everything I needed there with me.

The next day I was taken to a large auditorium. It had pictures from Alice in Wonderland everywhere, for some reason. Well, all of them were the same picture. Looks like this:

 

Yes, the rabbit’s eye is leaking blood.

Lots of people were in the audience, wearing various uniforms, and I was with a small group of people on stage.

This was our induction ceremony, instead of a job interview or background check or anything. Kind of weird, but I decided to go with it for the time being, see what happened.

We didn’t have to dress a certain way or anything. We just had to kneel before an image of the All-Seeing Eye and repeat a short speech about promising our hard work to the Eye and none other while the audience chanted something over and over, something about a void of no purpose. Definitely weird.
Before exiting the stage and the auditorium, however, I saw a familiar figure in the back--Her.

No comments:

Post a Comment